Project 2: A more analytical and theory based blog

by samscaife on Tuesday 8 November 2011

If you look at the brief which I posted in this post you can see that having analysis and academic theory within our blogs is an important part of the project. I am going to start adding in more of this style of post alongside ones discussing visual research and project development.

In order to be able to start doing this I have picked up several books on a variety of topics which I think will help me in this project. Here are the books I've gotten out.

  • Dalwood, Dexter et al. (2009) Storytime
  • Hartas, Leo (2005) The art of game characters
  • Jenisch, Josh (2008) The art of the video game
  • Krugs, Steve (2006) Don't make me think: a common sense approach to web usability. 2nd edition.
  • McQuillan, Martin (2000) The narrative readerO'Neill, Shaleph (2008) Interactive media: the semiotics of embodied interaction

This is just a starting point covering the points which I think will come up in this project; narative, video game design, and interaction. My hope is to find conmen trends in these book and identify potential areas of interest for design.

The Steve Krugs book is in the reading list for this brief along with several web links which I will make sure to look at.

Leave your comment