Project 2: The Thrill Electric

by samscaife on Wednesday 16 November 2011

I'm currently testing out story ideas for Jekyll & Hyde but am getting a bit stuck on ways to implement them. One of the thoughts I had was that I can adapt the novel into a combination of comic and animation. Earlier in the project Kerry Turner from Little Loud came in to talk to us about designing and developing for IPad, she talked us through some of the recent project which she has worked on and one of them is an enhanced comic for channel 4 called The Thrill Electric.

I'm going to play through this comic and see if there is anything I can pick up to help me convert Jekyll & Hyde into a usable story.


This has an interesting story line which as I played through the game I became more and more interested in the characters. I think the media of comic really requires a prolonged exposure to the characters in order for you to develop an emotional relationship to them this could be an issue with my app if I choose not to have an over arching narrative which connects all the different parts.

key features are that they pull the comic out into a 3D environment to make it a little more visually interesting. Extra information and interactions are shown to be present by the sound of a tram bell being pulled, you can then click on a box to find out more information.

Leave your comment