Project 3: Game Inspiration and Ideas

by samscaife on Monday 16 January 2012

The first thoughts that I had when I though about what game I would make is that it should be based on some form of physics instead of a levelling system, the goal of the game should be just to get as high a score as possible. Doing this would allow me to have fun gameplay but not have something which is out of my coding ability.

I have two younger sister who both enjoy playing flash games online so for research I went to the site which they go to Friv.

The I of It

In this game you play the letter I in a puzzle platformer. you can change your height to hook onto block and get around obstacles. This game has a really clean style and a friendly voice over however it dose have a leveling system and was not really what I'm looking for.



Color Theory




Again this was another level based platformer but this had a really interesting game mechanic where by walking into the coloured crosses you could change the colour of your character allowing you to pass through objects of the same colour. I really like the simple sprites and block colours in this game.



Initial Idea


Thinking about what was the difficult parts of games I thought about the amount of times I have died when trying to jump gaps so I thought it would be both fun and interesting to build a game based around jumping.



I also really like the look of the game asteroids so I imagined that you could have a game where instead of destroying the astroids you had to jump from one to another as fast as you could as they fell out of the sky.



I would have a score system based on how many you had jump form. You would be able to get higher up the astroids and if you reached a certain hight you would be reset back the the middle and get a score bonus.



Leave your comment