Project 5: Looks like I'm learning JS

by samscaife on Saturday 28 April 2012

I was quite keen with this project to use it to enable me to learn JavaScript. It had been my intention to recreate my processing project in JavaScript before I found out about the repeat api use issue. Now however I have found out about Node.js which is defined on their site as,

Node.js is a platform built on Chrome's JavaScript runtime for easily building fast, scalable network applications. Node.js uses an event-driven, non-blocking I/O model that makes it lightweight and efficient, perfect for data-intensive real-time applications that run across distributed devices.

This is perfect for what I want to do as it will all be in JS so that I can spend more time learning it and it will enable me to have my api section running server side.

Node.js looks really advanced however so I'm going to start by learning some JS and then porting my existing processing prototype to JS.

Leave your comment