Project 1: Idea Development

by samscaife on Tuesday 4 October 2011

I've not got a basic idea but when we met the client I got the impression that Aquapax is a uplifting and positive brand. I feel like my current idea dose not reflect this so I need to think of a way of bring that side into my idea.

The other week I saw this video promoting the grand opening of Westfield Stratford City.


This viral has just the sort of fun element that I am looking for. It gets it by taking a popular viral Evolution of Dance and adding fashion, style & location into the composition to strengthen the idea and remove the need for changing music. An upbeat soundtrack would also help to communicate the uplifting & positive side of the brand. Interestingly this video dose not change the position of the camera throughout the whole video. The camera is a window showing you the whole picture instead of leading you to various details.

Other sources of inspiration I have had is to combine video footage and animation to be able to give my dancers more character. This music video for the band Is Tropical dose a very cartoony version of the effect I'm talking about.

I would do something similar though it would be styled for a more high fashion audience like this piece by Oliver Daxenbichler

Neue Mode magazine curated by Javier Peres
artwork by Amie Dicke
Fall/Winter 2006


Doing something like this would allow me to bring in the pointed limbs to express movement which could be scene in the animations on the previous post.

(ps: my theme hack hates images I'll have to fix this!)

Leave your comment