Project 1: Video's Message

by samscaife on Tuesday 4 October 2011

At the moment I'm developing ideas based on promoting the luxury side of the brand. I think that there is room for me to promote other sides of the brand alongside the luxury which will give me finished product which will have more depth.

I really like the key word Ecolux used by the client to express a combination of environmental and luxury. I think I can express the both of these with the wardrobe and location. What I do need to consider however what kind of luxury I am going for. The client showed us a high end cantering company, Feedback Cuisine, which use Aquapax but this contrasts to the design of there bottle which has a youthful trendy style.
I could therefore go with a urban taken on luxury such as BAPE an expensive urban clothing label worn by celebrities, this could also help with the issue I raised in my previous post about making my idea more fun.



I like this idea as it allows me to contrast to different cultures and to create a strong balance between the too. I also think it is important to create a video which stays true to the packaging style as potential customers will have brought the product and be looking at the QR code on the packaging & it could give conflicting messages if the video was too far away from the bottle.

Another element of the brand I really like is Aquapax's involvement in the idea of a social revolution towards ecological awareness , like is says on the bottle "There's a revolution in the air". This makes me think of pioneers, fashion forward and assisting the crowd. I need to have a think about how I can get this into the piece.

initial ideas for this include

  • including emerging talent
  • collaborating with small labels
  • literal expression through the video of people joining in/looking at whats going on

When I wrote collaborating with small labels I though of a great little mens where boutique on ship street in Brighton the name of which escapes me (I'll update with a site link when i remeber) which I might be able to collaborate with. They have some represent some fantastic designers who produce clothing which is defiantly on the luxury end of the market.

Leave your comment