Project 1: More Water?

by samscaife on Wednesday 5 October 2011

During todays lesson we where getting ready for our pitch tomorrow and we had a few minuits to write down our idea in 50 words. This is what I wrote

A short artistic dance film which expresses the Eco-luxury values that Aquapax represents. The message will be communicated through a juxtaposition of movement, music, clothing and location. It will be high fashion while not alienating a wider audience. Ultimately making up a really engaging piece.

My tutor and piers felt that this did not contain enough of the idea of the water. I have had several ideas of how to create a more watery feel to the piece, which you can read in my previous posts, but I think I need to revisit them and remember that the ultimate goal of the video is to sell more.
one of the stronger ways of using water is to have the dancers interact with the water like in Pina and this comercial for VW Golf (thanks to Simon for showing me this video)


After quickly thinking about other ways of showing more water I came up with two ideas.

  1. Have some of the shots coming from below the water like you would see in a horror movie
  2. To render graphics effects of water into the composition  

I need to think about how this idea of using dance will actually work as a promotional video for the brand and decide whether I need a rethink, eek.

Leave your comment