Project 4: Areas of research

by samscaife on Thursday 2 February 2012

Now that I have pitched my idea I need to push through and develop my idea. I am keen to stay away from thinking of the visuals until I have properly sorted out how its going to work behind the scenes and exactly what I'm going to allow people to do. Areas I need to look at now are, in no particular order:

  • Statistics on how people interacte with Facebook
  • Guidelines for for businesses on Facebook
  • Constraints of app development on Facebook
  • Open Graph and what its capable of doing
  • User experience of web apps
  • Platform considerations
  • UX for Facebook apps
  • UI considerations for cross platform and features
  • Case studies of how similar projects approach it
  • Strengths from similar projects
  • Analysis of existing interfaces

I also need to make sure that I don't forget that this will need a delivery strategy to make people want to use it. I picture it almost as a middle made between awareness about the Facebook features and regular use of them once people realise how interesting they are. This can come after I have figured out exactly how people use what I am offering.



On another note I think my blog needs more pretty pictures!

Leave your comment