Project 4: Logo development

by samscaife on Tuesday 28 February 2012

For my logo I started off by doing some sketches in my sketchbook then once I had an idea I drew it up in Illustration and started playing around with it. Below you can see the steps my design took.














Originally I was thinking about having each of the letters in a different style to show how the app brings together different songs but I decided this might be too cheesy. However while I messing around with this logo I realised that an idea I have had in my head about the video output of these videos would be perfect for having different letters.


The idea was that each of my words in the final video will be displayed in a different font based on their genre. Applying this to the logo I will have it randomise each of the letters to 1 of several different fonts so that each time you see it its slightly different. I really like this for project as it will be delivered online so its possible to have a moving logo and it communicates the process really well.  however as its going to be on Facebook as well I'm going to have to pick either 1 or several fixed states to use where it has to be static. 

Leave your comment