Project 4: Naming

by samscaife on Tuesday 28 February 2012

Now that I'm onto designing I've been putting more thought into how the brand presents its self. I've kept the tone stated in the brief in mind all the way through, their key words where; Sociable, Uncomplicated, Optimistic, Generous, Personal, Friendly.

I wrote out a massive list of names, key words and themes. I then shortlisted these into the following names; Vocalizer, Lyric-o-matic, Mashical Messager, Squibs, Mash-a-gram

After talking through these ideas with Simon I decided to turn Squibs into Squibify and have a tag line such as "Facebook & Spotify's little love child".

Squib is a real word! It means a short piece of witty writing (a bit like a written quip). This definition is perfect for my predicted use of the app and its tone of voice.

Leave your comment