Project 4: Spotify brand analysis

by samscaife on Thursday 23 February 2012

I have finished up the wireframes for the other pages in my sketch book so now I'm going to start creating the visuals. I have already decided that the design will contain a lot of empty space which can be used for custom background for sessional events and competitions. I am going to look at Spotifys home page and interface so I can see if there are common design elements which I can use align the campaigns design.


At first glance this is a very simple site with the dark grey standing out on a light background and spotify green colour popping out of the page. One key feature is that all the boxes have rounded edges creating a fun soft feeling. The buttons all have a 3d effect which adds to the rounded edges. The site keep subtle details with a textured background around the lower boxes so that they stand out more. There is also more detail in the use of a rough sketched style font which is used a header text thought the site. 


The hand drawn text could be a potential inspiration for the design of the site. I could sketch and draw the elements which would fit with the mashed together feeling of the end product. 



The Spotify interface is really dark it uses light tones to bring out key details, as well as shadows to make them pop. It uses a column layout. The list items are inset from their titles. It uses its logo in the sound section. It dose not use its full logo in the program. Unselected details are inset into the interface.

Leave your comment