Project 4: Time Managment

by samscaife on Saturday 4 February 2012

This project is running alongside our dissertation and there are 2 deadlines 1 week apart so being able to manage my time is going to be really important if I want to produce a high standard piece for both projects.  Alongside uni I'm also currently working 1 day a week as a web and graphic designer for Community Sites and I'm running club events, every other Wednesday, at Sticky Mikes Frog Bar under the brand I have created with my housemate FightLab. In this month as well its all 3 of my housemates birthdays so we are having a joint birthday party. All of these things have reduced the amount of time I will be able to spend on both the projects.


In order to manage my time I have made myself a Time plan document in google docs which will allow me to keep track of when certain tasks need to be completed by so I can use the time I have effectively. I have made it with it in mind that I will update it as I go along and I can review it regularly to track if I'm on target to meet the deadlines I have set myself. As I do this I will post analysis and a screen shot of what it currently looks like here on my blog. 

Here is a screen shot of what it currently looks like.



Currently It dose not going into specific detail of how many hours I will spend each day on a given task, but I think it's important for me to plan this so that I don't end up spending too long on certain tasks and missing a deadline.

Leave your comment